As an integrated photonics company, Jenoptik is active in the three segments Optics & Life Science, Mobility and Defense & Civil Systems. Its customers around the world mainly include companies in the semiconductor equipment manufacturing industry, automotive and automotive supplier industries, medical technology, security and defense technology as well as the aviation industry.
The Jenoptik Group headquarters are in Jena (Thuringia). In addition to several major sites in Germany, Jenoptik is represented in more than 80 countries worldwide, for example with production and assembly sites in the USA, France, the United Kingdom, China and Switzerland. Additionally, the group is represented abroad by shareholdings in Australia, Brazil, Czech Republic, India, Korea, Japan, Malaysia, Mexico, the Netherlands and Singapore.
In its Defense & Civil Systems segment Jenoptik develops, produces and distributes mechatronic and sensor systems for civil and military applications. The portfolio ranges from individual assemblies, which customers then integrate into their systems, through to complete systems and end products. The segment’s areas of competence are energy systems, optical sensor systems, stabilization systems, aviation systems as well as radomes & composites. Top-quality customer service ensures that the Jenoptik products and customer systems are supported over their useful lives, which generally extend over many years. The mechatronic products include diesel-electric gensets, electrical machines such as alternators, electric motors or converters, power electronics, heating systems and control units as well as lift systems and rescue hoists. They are used in drive, stabilization and energy systems for military and civil vehicle, rail and aircraft equipment. The competencies also extend across the technical focus areas of software development, metrology and control systems. The sensor systems include infrared camera systems and laser rangefinders and are primarily used in automation technology, environmental metrology, security technology and military reconnaissance.
JENOPTIK AG is listed on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange and included in the TecDax index. Jenoptik employs about 3,600 staff worldwide and generated revenue of approximately 750 million euros in 2017.
For our location in Jena we are seeking you as a:
Sales Engineer (m/f), Business Unit Sensors
(Reference number: 2605)
With a sound professional background and your self-driven motivation you will strengthen our position in demanding markets.
• In this central role you are responsible for the distribution of our advanced sensor products, such as LIDAR scanner and laser range finder
• You continuously develop and implement international sales and customer acquisition strategies to achieve the business units goals
• With your contribution you fill the sales pipeline. You conduct price and contract negotiations with our international customers and achieve a continuous order intake
• You use innovative tools to analyze customers, products and markets systematically. You adopt the insights to customize sales strategies in an actively managed sales process
• The consistent focus on unique selling points and customer benefits is reflected in compact elevator pitches for our products
What we expect from you:
• You have completed a university degree in economics, industrial engineering or engineering
• You have at least three years of experience and a proven track record in technical sales and distribution, ideally in the field of optical sensor systems
• You act successfully in different cultures and in an international environment. In part the position requires global travelling
• You have the ability to build up professional networks and thus amplify our international sensor business
• You are a team oriented and self-driven person and motivate others to take a proactive part in change processes
• Ideally, in addition to fluent German and English language skills, you will also speak other languages
Have we awoken your interest in this position? If so, we are looking forward to your online application.
Please send us your application with an indication of your salary expectation.
If you have any questions, please contact our recruiter, Mr. Brandt (+49 163/ 769 57 40)