Jenoptik is an international photonics group with representatives in over 80 countries. Optical technologies are the foundation of our business.
In the Traffic Solutions division, which is part of the Mobility segment, Jenoptik develops, produces, and distributes components, systems, and services that make road traffic safer around the world.
We, the team from the Equipment business unit, develop and produce modular systems for speed and red light monitoring, as well as systems for vehicle classification. These also include systems and components such as cameras, sensors, classifiers, and OEM components.
We work together as a committed team in an ultra-modern environment with a long tradition. In our team, you’ll find an open and dynamic atmosphere, flexible working hours, and competitive remuneration. We provide prospects, starting from the structuring of the individual induction program. We believe that interesting and responsible tasks are every bit as important as diverse options for continuing education and development.
To strengthen our team, we are looking for colleagues who want to enthusiastically contribute to our success. Join our team and help to shape our future with lasting effect.
Location: Monheim (bei Düsseldorf)
Global Head of Purchasing (f/m)
(Reference number: 2906)
- Organize, manage and control all sourcing activities for the division in coordination with business units, corporate purchasing and regional functions to achieve an optimal profit contribution and best-in-class processes to increase the competitiveness of the division and the Jenoptik group.
- Supply Network - Strategically manage and optimize the supply network. Strive to optimally leverage supplier capabilities and cost position. Develop and manage strategic partnerships.
- Strategy - Initiate and expedite targeted cost reduction programs. Derive innovative material field strategies based on market intelligence and overall Jenoptik procurement strategy / commodity strategy. Gear procurement processes towards strategic objectives. Leverage and contribute to the Jenoptik commodity network. Initiate, plan, execute and control demand pooling.
- Communication - Act as the direct partner link to corporate purchasing, corporate functions and regions.
- People management - Select, manage, assess, develop and coach employees in the area of responsibility to ensure long-term success with motivated staff, in alignment with corporate guidelines. Define and monitor targets and KPIs for the respective area of responsibility.
- At least 10 years of experience in various functions and several areas of Procurement including cross-functional exposure.
- Proven track-record in leading a strategic procurement function.
- International exposure and multi-cultural sensitivity.
- Experience with advanced negotiation techniques such as electronic auctions and bidding processes.
- Proven experience in managing strategic commodity areas.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Experience leading and driving teams.
- Knowledge of SAP and ERP systems in general. Good understanding of tools & systems in the procurement function.
- Experience in implementing change in complex environments.
Have we piqued your interest? If so we look forward to receiving your completed application using our online recruitment system which can be found at the following link.
Please ensure you have completed all aspects of the application process including indicating your salary requirements as well as your notice period. We look forward to hearing from you.
Contact person: Jan Borowiec
Forward to a friend